6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2012 7:42 PM by devonell

Container Field

dreamer

Is there anyway or plug in to double click on the container field and open the document. Also, a jpg file can be viewed in the container field, but I want to store some drawing documents that are in pdf format and I cannot see what drawing it is until I open it. Anyway, I can see the drawing attached in the pdf format?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Container Field
          MattLeach

Instead of using aplugin, setup a button called view image that's attached to a script.

Set the script to export the container field to a folder and open it:

Here's the script i use

Set Variable [$temppath; Value: Get ( TemporaryPath )]

Export Field Contents [Table::ContainerField; "filename'; Automatically open]

Once the field is exported it will open with the default program associated with the file type.

• 2. Re: Container Field
            dreamer

Sorry, I was away and could not reply earlier.

Thanks for you help.

Regards.

• 3. Re: Container Field
              m.mcdonell

Is there a simplier way rather than exporting it? I too have this problem. On my ipad the container opens by simply clicking it and selecting view. I previously used SuperContainer and you could just click it but with all the Java updates it routinely would not work unti a fix was done. Also FP container storage is so much better now.

• 4. Re: Container Field
                ziceg

If you are using FM12 all you have to do is in layout mode select your container field and your Inspector / Data tab down the bottom in Data Formating choose Optimize for "interactive content" make sure your container field size is big enoughto be able to view contents and scroll.

• 5. Re: Container Field
                  keywords

Pre FM12 you could achieve the same thing using a web viewer

• 6. Re: Container Field
                    devonell

I to am having the same issue.  in FM11 MSWord, Excel files could be saved and simple opened via double clicking the container, for some reason I can't get this to happen in FM12 ADV.