4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2012 10:54 AM by Stephen Huston

trouble with user interface going form v6 to v11.

ash89

before i upgrade to macosx 10.7 from 10.6.8,

i'm trying out the trial version of FP v11.

what i'm seeing is my user graphical interface in FP v11 has

become a little pixilated or fuzzy to look at.

it's no longer crisp viewing.

is there a way to fix this?

• 1. Re: trouble with user interface going form v6 to v11.
          Vaughan

This was common for conversions from FMP 6 to FMP 7 and later. It is caused by a change to the way FMP stores images. The only slution is to re-do the graphics.

• 2. Re: trouble with user interface going form v6 to v11.
            Malcolm

This was common for conversions from FMP 6 to FMP 7 and later. It is caused by a change to the way FMP stores images. The only slution is to re-do the graphics.

Sometimes this is as easy as opening the layout, select all, cut, paste, save the layout and close. You could get QuickKeys or something similar to do this.

Malcolm

• 3. Re: trouble with user interface going form v6 to v11.
              ash89

Malcolm wrote:

Sometimes this is as easy as opening the layout, select all, cut, paste, save the layout and close. You could get QuickKeys or something similar to do this.

Malcolm

i'd like to try an easy solution, as i would need someone from outside to re do any graphical work, and where i live i would be very surprised if that sort of talent existed..!

malcolm could you explain a bit more of what you mean in the above?

• 4. Re: trouble with user interface going form v6 to v11.
                Stephen Huston

If you have the graphics outside of FileMaker, you could simply replace the once on the layout with the ones which didn't go through the conversion from 6 to 11.

Importing the originals anew will use the new translaters on the original source instead of retranslating the previously-translated graphics, which should clean them up considerably.

If you don't have them separate. Open the v6 files IN FM 6 and copy and save the graphics as separate graphics. Then try reimporting them directly into v11. It may help but probablay won't be as clean as going to the real source image files.