I have a file which is on a remote server. When accessing hte file via IWP all is well unless one activates a button set to "Go to related record" at which time the database layouts all (50+) become totally scrambled.
A few clarifying points:
1. This only occurs when using Internet Explorer as the Browesr. When using Chrome everything works properly.
2. T/O one is "Archived Clients" (which is a relation of ClientFile::archived to ClientFile::Status)
3. T/O two is "Active Clients" (which is a relation of ClientFile::active to ClientFile::Status)
4. On layout "Archived Clients" (from the Clients table) is a portal showing records from T/O Archived Clients.
5. On layout "Active Clients" (from the Clients table) is a portal showing records from T/O Active Clients.
6. On layout "Archived Clients" is a button in the portal row set as "Go to related record" get related record from Archived Clients
7. On layout "Active Clients" is a button in the portal row set as "Go to related record" get related record from Active Clients
Clicking on the button from the Active Clients layout results as planned: going to the individual client record and all is well.
Clicking the button on Archived Clients laytou results in goint to the correct related record but the layout is now looking sort of like a left justified column of fields with layout items mixed in.
I used the recover command: no help, and nothing I saw as informative in the recovery log.
Since going to related record from one T/O (Active Clients) works fine, I deleted the Table Occurence of "Archived Clients" and recreated it: no help.
Since the T/O of "Archived Clients" rests on its own layout, I deleted the layout and recreated it: no help.
I have tried deleting all but a couple of older records and hte problem persists. It is not always immediate. Some times I can click on the go to related record button and it is fine, then after a few other changes of layouts I come back to the troublesome layout and the problem appears.
Have any of you heard about a problem like this, and with ony IE and ont Chrome? I have not yet tried Firefox or Safari.