1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2012 9:27 AM by sporobolus

Filemaker - Adobe Acrobat Typewriter function

stratlake

Does anyone know of a plugin or a technique that could possibly do this?

My business writes notes on jobsheets using typewriter in Adobe, and it's one of the only things stopping us from moving to a fully integrated filing system in filemaker instead of using Windows Filing system.

Any help would be handy

Thanks

• 1. Re: Filemaker - Adobe Acrobat Typewriter function
          sporobolus

on 3/6/12 5:09 AMstratlake wrote

Does anyone know of a plugin or a technique that could possibly do this?

My business writes notes on jobsheets using typewriter in Adobe, and it's one of the only things stopping us from moving to a fully integrated filing system in filemaker instead of using Windows Filing system.

i have some experience in this area (others may have more), but here are some

questions that may help me better understand your task:

first, are you literally using the "typewriter" function in one of the Acrobat

products or you are using or creating PDFs with editable fields, which can be

filled in even with the free Adobe Reader? (if the former, you might want to

consider the latter approach – it might be more efficient)

i'm also not sure from your description how you want to integrate with

FileMaker; is your goal to:

• enter notes in FileMaker then automatically put the notes into existing PDFs?

• create PDFs with the ability to add notes later in Adobe Reader?

• create PDFs with notes already filled in from fields in FileMaker?

• simulate the Adobe Reader typewriter behavior in a FileMaker context?