2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2012 8:59 AM by smac11shl

Launch FMGo db from home screen icon

padaddy

I have come across a few articles stating that one can use the Apple Iphone Configuration Utility to create a profile containing a webclip that you can use to launch a hosted FM database in FMGo. I have even seen it work. But I haven't found any good documentation on how to make it work. I'm using a URL in the webclip of something like FMP7Script://myhost.com/mydb.fm7 but when I install the profile to my iPad it just opens a blank page in safari and stops. Anyone have any specific instructions for using the Apple iPhone Config Utility to create a home screen icon to launch a hosted FMGo file?

• 1. Re: Launch FMGo db from home screen icon
          Malcolm

I have come across a few articles stating that one can use the Apple Iphone Configuration Utility to create a profile containing a webclip that you can use to launch a hosted FM database in FMGo.  I have even seen it work.  But I haven't found any good documentation on how to make it work.  I'm using a URL in the webclip of something like FMP7Script://myhost.com/mydb.fm7   but when I install the profile to my iPad it just opens a blank page in safari and stops.

Have you tried using the link that is produced by FMP when you select File->email link ?

Malcolm

• 2. Re: Launch FMGo db from home screen icon
            smac11shl

Here is a link to a thread that may partially answer your question.  I have not gotten it to work completely but maybe if our two minds meet we can figure this out!

https://fmdev.filemaker.com/thread/61990?tstart=0

One thing I found when using an App called IconProject that was suggested to me is that it puts an Http:// before my link and then takes out a part so it will not launch.

Hope this helps!