1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2012 10:39 AM by beverly

XML import problem

Polarpro

Hello,

for years I've successfully imported XML records via File > Import Records > XML Data Source, but now I get the following error:

An exception occured! Type:NetAccessorException,

I can select the desired file as usual.

I use Mac OS 10.5.8, there was no change to the OS lately.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

• 1. Re: XML import problem
          beverly

Mike, Did this work on previous versions of FileMaker and now you are using FileMaker 11?

FM11 is much more strict with XML import.

I've seen this when one or more of these conditions exist:

• the request includes authentication and this is now longer allowed at the host site

• the namespace is not set up correctly (if there is a declared namespace in the source XML)

And there could be other reasons, but "for years" is insufficient information to diagnose the problem!

Did you also try to search for "NetAccessorException" in your favorite search engine?

Beverly

created by Polarpro in Advanced Discussion - View the full discussion

Hello,

for years I've successfully imported XML records via File > Import Records > XML Data Source, but now I get the following error:

I use Mac OS 10.5.8, there was no change to the OS lately.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

• 2. Re: XML import problem
            Polarpro

Beverly,

Sorry for having been not precise enough:

I use FileMaker 10 and tried it both using an Advanced Version and a normal FileMaker version. We have not updated our clients or  FileMaker server. OS is  Mac OS 10.5.8. So far, I've never had problems import XML data under this OS version.

As for the namespace: There is no namespace declared in the source XML. I also compared how the XML document is set up, and I couldn't find any differences to other, successfully imported XML files.

As for searching a NetAccessorException: I tried this, too, but couldn't find anything of help.

the request includes authentication and this is now longer allowed at the host site

Could you explain a little more what you mean with this?

Thanks a lot for your input!

• 3. Re: XML import problem
              comment

Polarpro wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by that. Where is the source file? Is it on your system or are you importing from a htpp request? Have you verified the contents of the "desired file"?

• 4. Re: XML import problem
                Polarpro

Michael,

Sorry again for having not been clear enough.

The source file is on the system; it is not imported from a http request. I tried to import an XML file that I imported a few weeks ago and where everything was ok. But now, I cannot import this file either. So, I assume something has changed that  "rejects" my file.

• 5. Re: XML import problem
                  beverly

Mike, the "authentication" is a username/password. did you need this before? do you need it now?

Try to reset your import script. As in start over. First try the import manually to see if it works. If it does, then the script needs to be redone.

Let us know if it works manually or not.

Beverly

The source file is on the system; it is not imported from a http request. I tried to import an XML file that I imported a few weeks ago and where everything was ok. But now, I cannot import this file either. So, I assume something has changed that  "rejects" my file.

• 6. Re: XML import problem
                    comment

"something has changed" seems like a reasonable conclusion. Have you tried importing another source file? Is there a XSLT stylesheet involved - and if yes, is it still in place? Have you tried importing into a new target file?

IOW, you need to generate some experimental data in order to reduce the possible causes.

• 7. Re: XML import problem
                      Polarpro

Have you tried importing another source file?

Yes.

Is there a XSLT stylesheet involved - and if yes, is it still in place?

Yes, still in place. I have two different stylesheets, but none of them works anymore.

Have you tried importing into a new target file?

Yes.

:/

• 8. Re: XML import problem
                        Polarpro
                        the "authentication" is a username/password. did you need this before? do you need it now?

I only use username/passwort to open the FileMaker solution in that I want to import the XML data.

Try to reset your import script. As in start over. First try the import manually to see if it works. If it does, then the script needs to be redone.

I even don't use a script for this kind of import. I do it manually...

• 9. Re: XML import problem
                          beverly

Ok, try writing a script to do it.

Beverly

• 10. Re: XML import problem
                            comment

Polarpro wrote:

Is there a XSLT stylesheet involved - and if yes, is it still in place?

Yes, still in place. I have two different stylesheets, but none of them works anymore.

Try taking the stylesheet out of the equation. Starting with a new file, enter some data and export it as XML (using FMPXMLRESULT grammar). Then try to import it back. If that doesn't succeed then you may have an issue with OS privileges or you need to reinstall Filemaker.

• 11. Re: XML import problem
                              sporobolus

on 3/7/12 8:08 AMPolarpro wrote

i haven't encountered this error myself, but my first take on this is there is

a network aspect of your import that is not succeeding; e.g. a DTD or

stylesheet is referenced via URL, and that URL doesn't load; i suspect such a

source has moved, or your network has new firewall rules

one way to check would be to try using this XML data with another tool; first

thing i'd try is this:

<http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp>

but there are lots of other possibilities (using a web-based validator won't

catch a firewall problem, for example)

• 12. Re: XML import problem
                                beverly

Steve, I asked if there was a namespace and was told no.

I have encountered the error occasionally and the authentication and namespace were the main causes.

The problem seems to be that it worked before and now doesn't. I'd also suspect something in the OS and/or network has changed. Or something in the source referenced.

Beverly

i haven't encountered this error myself, but my first take on this is there is

a network aspect of your import that is not succeeding; e.g. a DTD or

stylesheet is referenced via URL, and that URL doesn't load; i suspect such a

source has moved, or your network has new firewall rules

• 13. Re: XML import problem
                                  Polarpro

Thanks a lot for your input!

Michael Horak wrote:

Try taking the stylesheet out of the equation. Starting with a new file, enter some data and export it as XML (using FMPXMLRESULT grammar). Then try to import it back. If that doesn't succeed then you may have an issue with OS privileges or you need to reinstall Filemaker.

I tried what you suggested, exporting and importing records without the XSLT works all fine.

steve harley wrote:

one way to check would be to try using this XML data with another tool;

Didn't help me much, unfortunately :/

Beverly Voth wrote:

Ok, try writing a script to do it.

A script didn't work either  :/

I will try to use some different installations of FileMaker (like outside the network) and see what will happen then.

Thanks again!

• 14. Re: XML import problem
                                    Polarpro

Hello,

I've found out what went wrong. I tried to import records using my computer at home, and things still did not work out. So, I spent a fair bit of time analyzing what could have gone wrong, and indeed: There was a namespace problem. Beverly, I am sorry, I made a mistake when checking for namespaces. The referenced file was moved to another location (without informing anybody... grrr), that was the problem.

Thank you very much for heping me to analyse the problem.

1 2 Previous Next