My goal is to get SSO (Single Sign On) working with FMServer 11.
The clients are logging in through Novell e-directory but IT says they have the same accounts in AD (Active Directory).
Can this be made to work?
If so, my understanding is I need to do the following; please correct me on any mistakes or missed steps since I don't really understand this stuff.
- FM file "Test.fp7" has a privilege "ViewData" with extended privilege "fmapp" enabled and is hosted on FMServer
- AD is part of the "ABC" domain
- user John Smith has a Windows login/pwd "JS/secret" and belongs to a group "Managers" in AD
- in Test.fp7, "Manage Security" I need to create a new account
- for "Account is authenticated via" I select "External Server"
- for "Group Name" I enter "Managers" (same as group name in AD)
- for privilege set I select "ViewData"
- I move this new account to the top of the list of accounts so that FMS tries to automatically authenticate the user
- the computer running FMServer must be part of the "ABC" domain so that it knows which AD to talk to
- John Smith's computer must be part of the "ABC" domain so that he's authenticated with the same AD that FMServer will communicate with
- on opening the Test.fp7 file John won't be asked for a password
- get(AccountName) will return "JS"
- get(AccountPrivilegeSetName) will return "ViewData"
Are there any other settings I need to set or configure?