AnsweredAssumed Answered

Training Series - Question about how something works in the the FTS_Meetings file

Question asked by huntert on Mar 8, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2012 by timwhisenant

Once in the FTS_Meetings Standard File on the Meetings Detail View when you hit Add to Add Participants to a meeting. It opens a window called PersonPicker. I cannot figure out how they get a layout based on the MEETING table (PersonPicker layout) to use a portal to list all of the people in the database. I thought Portals were used only for related records? The portal lists all People in the database even if they are not related to the current meeting yet how does this happen?

If anyone has the Filemaker Training Series files on their computer could you please take a look and let me know how they are able to list all of the people in that layout.

I am working on something very similar. From a person perspective I want the user to be able to hit a button called Select Categories. Once in the CategoryPicker window I want them to be able to select from a list of Categories multiple items if necessary then hit Add. To add categories using a join table called PersonCategories.

Outcomes