10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2012 10:06 AM by sixpointsteve

Transferring a database file from FMP11.0 to FMP Go on iPad2

sixpointsteve

The goal is to have users connected via WiFi on an ios device to be able to email a copy of the database file to themselves so they can then use it disconnected or locally on the ios device. I created a script which is simply a "Save as Copy As" script step with the create email with an attachment checked. Not sure this is the proper approach, but it is where I started and it almost works. While using FMP11.0 when running the script the file is created and attached in the email. I send the email to myself and I now can "download" via email to the ios device and use disconnected. However, when I run the same script from the ios device while connected via WiFi, no email is generated or database attached. So I guess the question is does the send email with attachment script step work on an ios device and I don't have it setup correctly? Or do I need another method altogether? Go Zync is not required since there is no need to sync back the the remote database. While connected I do have Import scripts to update the local database file on the ios device from the remote database which work like a champ.