0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2012 5:31 PM by Oliver_Reid

How can I script forcing a reconnection to a hosted file that is in my local schema?

Oliver_Reid

A local file is connecting to a hosted file to share some of its data, I have written some scripting to detect if the IP connection is dropped, and warn the user, while still permitting use of the local data and functions of the application.

I having trouble doing the reverse: re-establishing the connection to the hosted file when the connection to a remote FM hosted file is available again.

I want an on-timer script that will attempt to reconnect periodaically and thus allow with local field to resume full functionality, without having to reopen it.

No luck so far, have tried:

--Open file step referencing the define external data source for the hosted file

--Writing data to the hosted file

These steps both fail even if the file can be open using “Open Remote”

Also afaict even when I open it with Open Remote, the local file does not recognize the hosted file's presence and the script steps above still fail.

This App is headed for the iPad, where intermittent connections are going to be an issue.

How can I script forcing a reconnection to a hosted file that is mapped into my local schema?