2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 9:52 PM by speckledchris

IWP Radio Buttons Which Execute a Script

user12837

I have a radio button set which must determine whether or not a text box appears. Click the "no" button and the text box disappears. Click the "yes" button and it reappears.

In regular FileMaker, an On Object Modify trigger solves this problem. But in IWP, triggers are fired only by scripts.

I tried this:

a. Cleared the Browse Mode checkbox under Field entry

b. Configured Button Setup to execute a script which toggles the radio button, thereby firing the On Object Modify trigger

It works in IWP so long as I click between the two radio buttons. But if I click on top of either radio button, nothing happens.

I tried putting a rectangle on top of the radio button set and making it the button, but that doesn't work either.

What's the workaround for this?

Thanks,

Tom

• 1. Re: IWP Radio Buttons Which Execute a Script
          user12837

I was making a simple issue difficult.  All I had to do was

a. Set the Browse Mode checkbox under Field entry

b. Put a Commit Record step into the script which toggles the radio button

(I forgot that IWP doesn't change values in the database until the layout changes or an explicit Commit Record step is executed.)

- Tom

• 2. Re: IWP Radio Buttons Which Execute a Script
            speckledchris

Hey Tom...

Cool deal that it seems like you solved your own problem!  My issue is that I would like to understand a bit better how you accomplished this.  Could you explain a bit further how you designs the button and created the script to toggle a hidden field on and off?  I am assuming you are using the hidden potral trick to make the field visible and unvisible.  If not, could you share your method also?  Thanks.

Chris