When installing Filemaker Server 11 Advanced, if you want to do web publishing, you also need a web server (either IIS or Apache).
I would like to know exactly what changes FMS makes to the web server properties. For example, I assume it must add a redirector, etc.
I havefour reasons for asking.
1) I am trying to figure out why I can't do IWP on my FMS.*
2) In looking over the properties page of IIS 6 (my web server), there are some of options I might be able to take advantage of if I knew what changes FMS already made.
3) I find knowing as many details as possible is really helpful when encountering future problems.
4) I want to do custom web publishing with PHP in the future.
Is a document like this available?
* I think IIS 6 may be preventing FMS from making the necessary changes. Going to switch to Apache and see what happens.