8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 8:43 PM by alicequarmby

reset recent files list?

alicequarmby

Hi, I need to reset my Recent Files List, so that files that are no longer in use cannot be seen in this list.

In the preferences section I only seem to be able to change the number of files that are displayed, rather than reseting the list.

Can someone help me with this?

Cheers, Alice

• 1. Re: reset recent files list?
          greg@heinie.net

Hi Alice,

It will be helpful if we know what version of FileMaker you are using.

Greg

• 2. Re: reset recent files list?
            alicequarmby

HI Greg, I am using Filemaker Pro 10.

Cheers, Alice

• 3. Re: reset recent files list?
              greg@heinie.net

Hi Alice,

You would need FM Advanced to customize the menus. So, as far as I know, you will have to set the resents to 1 in the preference pane.

Cheers,

Greg

• 4. Re: reset recent files list?
                Malcolm

Hi, I need to reset my Recent Files List, so that files that are no longer in use cannot be seen in this list.

In the preferences section I only seem to be able to change the number of files that are displayed, rather than reseting the list.

Open a file that you do want to be in the Recent Files list

Open prefs and change the setting for recent files to 1

Quit FMPro - this saves your preferences and removes all the other files from the list

Open FMPro

Open prefs and change the setting for recent files to whatever you like

Malcolm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: reset recent files list?
                  alicequarmby

Hi Malcolm, I just tried your suggestion but when I changed it back to display more files, it put the same list back on there. We have FMAdvanced on our server so i will follow Grags suggestion and see if i can do anything using that one.

Cheers, Alice

• 6. Re: reset recent files list?
                    alicequarmby

Hi Greg. We have FM Advanced on our Admin server so just tried your suggestion. Unfortunately if i change it back to more than one in the list it still shows the old records. As it hasn't worked so far, I will just get the other staff to reduce the number of recent files so that they have less chance of seeing the redundant files.

Kind regards, Alice

• 7. Re: reset recent files list?
                      Malcolm

Hi Malcolm, I just tried your suggestion but when I changed it back to display more files, it put the same list back on there.

This has nothing to do with Server. It is FMPro client preferences which are stored locally in the user account.  I also noticed that I got the same result as you when changing back to a larger number. Sorry for wasting your time.

On Windows I presume that the information will be stored in the Registry. You can fire up RegEdit and make the changes.

On Mac you'll have to locate the preferences files and edit them with a pList editor.

Malcolm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: reset recent files list?
                        alicequarmby

HI Malcolm, I will have to get our IT guy to do this as we do not have access to PList editor.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,Alice