Worldcloud offers more plans than any other provider with a very a la carte approach so that you only paid for what you need. We are also one of the few vendors which utilize modern cloud technologies to create better performance, scalability, reliability, security, and cost.
Every will tell you they are great, so we offer a free 30 day trial to prove it. We are FBA members and we have Certified FileMaker 7-11 Developers on staff so that we can help with any assistance you may need...
I went through a couple of companies before moving to Triple8. They are very reliable and have a nice user interface.
I would take your decision very seriously especially if it involves a client -- so don't be afraid to ask as many questions possible. Choose a company who is up front about what they can AND cannot do. Not every service is the perfect fit - and you really need to have a handle on what your specific needs and priorities are as well.
Years ago there were very few options but thankfully times have changed. Do your due dilligence! Some of us remember some pretty bad horror stories with some companies...
Having said that - Unbiased opinion here - WorldCloud is one of the better choices imo. We have fellow developers who have had very good experiences with their clients and WorldCloud. And they are good about providing you with what you need not what they can "oversell" - we are considering some SaaS type filemaker based products and if we move forward - feel very confident that WorldCloud won't let us down. Joe King is very approachable and always at DevCon.
To be fair - I have heard great things as well about Triple8 from people who's opinion I trust - but honestly haven't had contact with them yet.
Have a look at our services at:
We have been providing Professional FileMaker Hosting for over 13 years.
Feel free to contact me here or off-list to jmay(at)pointinspace.com
with any questions you may have. Thanks!
Check Out: http://www.productivecomputing.com
Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, is a full service FileMaker Pro hosting company. FileMaker hosting services allow customers to host their own FileMaker Pro solutions on Productive Computing servers in the cloud instead of purchasing and supporting the necessary server infrastructure themselves.
Try a 30-day FREE trial today!
FileMaker Hosting Differences You Can Count On:
While there are many choices out there for hosting a FileMaker Pro database, keeping things focused and simple to efficiently accomplish your hosting needs is our philosophy. Here are some things that make Productive Computing, Inc.'s FileMaker Pro database hosting service different:
- We are a large FileMaker Platinum development firm with extensive expert knowledge of all things FileMaker (not just a hosting company who may or may not know how FileMaker works under the hood).
- We have physical servers with SSD drives (nothing virtual, nothing outdated) and as a result have read/write times faster than traditional hard drives.
- We don’t overload our servers with too many files or customers and we always use the latest version of FileMaker Server and OS security patches after we have tested them.
- We perform local backups, twice daily backups to a physical attached drive, and to the cloud. That gives us 3 points of redundancy for disaster recovery and up to 30 days of data as well as weekly and monthly snapshots.
- We provide a weekly DropBox backup (more often if needed) for those customers who want the peace of mind to know their data is at their fingertips. No cumbersome FTP programs are required to get at your data should you need it.
- We provide direct FileMaker Server admin console access for users on FileMaker 12 where they can close and open files, download files, etc. We can provide direct access to FileMaker 11 Server admin as well for developers who request it.
- We provide a unique Instant Web Publishing (IWP) scenario that will auto redirect IWP users to a web page of your choosing upon IWP time out or IWP log out. We developed this technology here in-house and it’s truly one of a kind.
- Distance from the server to the client is a big factor which is why we are continuing to invest in our infrastructure by putting servers in all corners of the country.