AnsweredAssumed Answered

Viewing records in related file that aren't visible in main file (server issue)

Question asked by Lawlerdev on Mar 25, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 by Lawlerdev

Hi there,

I have a strange problem that I would love some help on to resolve. I enclose a sample set of files to demonstrate this issue. However to test this problem the files need to be loaded onto Filemaker Server.

What I want to do in the Reports file is to limit the viewing of the records to only those with the same cost centre code (CC Code). So only those logged in with CC code 1 can see records for CC code 1. I am using the global field G CC Code to set the cost centre in each case.

In the Visits file I have a portal in which I wish to display all the records regardless of whether they belong to CC Code 1 or 2. I am acheiving this by limiting the security settings in the reports file as follows "CC Code = G User ID or Get ( LayoutName ) = "Visits""

This all works fine until I move these files to a server and then only the records that are visible in the Reports file are visible in the Visits file.

The master account name and password is "admin" and "admin" and the user password is "edit" and "edit"

Any help gratefully received

Attachments

Outcomes