1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 2:10 AM by RubenVanDenBoogaard

Simple questions from a FM-newbie

bobber

Hi all,

I hope one can find 15 seconds to reply to this: :-)

I have been using FM5 for many years and I now plan an upgrade.

1. Will the Free Demo-version (30 days) give me all functionality, or only limited functionality?

2. Can I upgrade from Free Demo to "payable" (and thereby keep all my data)?

3. The Free Demo-version seems to be "English language-only". When I upgrade to "payable" can I then change language to "Danish" and all works as if I bought the Danish system from start?

4. Can I upgrade (technical) from "FM5" to "FM11" without (expected) problems? Anything specific I should know before I do this?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Soren K

• 1. Re: Simple questions from a FM-newbie
          RubenVanDenBoogaard

Hi Soren,

1) The free demo will give you all the FM Pro functionality, but if you are serious about developing you should get the developer version, that will give you a lot of tools, like a debugger, custom functions, database design reports and runtimes

2) Yes, your databases stay intact.

3) On a Mac the demo installs the dutch version on my system, the full version has all the available languages.

4) FM 11 is a big change from FM 5 and only the easiest FM5 go without issues. search the technet forum for more details about converting bigger FM 5 files.

Best regards,

Ruben van den Boogaard

Infomatics Software

ruben@infomatics.nl

1 of 1 people found this helpful