Troi Automatisering releases Troi Serial Plug-in 3.2 for FileMaker Pro 11
Maintenance update for plug-in for FileMaker Pro 11 that gives you powerful access to the computer's serial ports.
March 27th, 2012, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Serial Plug-in 3.2 for FileMaker Pro 11.
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro 11 easy and powerful access to one or more of the computer's serial ports:
- Read from and write to the serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application.
- Native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database.
- "Serial_Control" function to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data.
- "Wait for Match" function to wait for a specific text before triggering.
- The possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports.
What is new in version 3.2?
Troi Serial Plug-in 3.2 is a maintenance release and fixes a few bugs. Version 3.2 has these improvements:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 11.
- Optimized the plug-in when running under Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Added new switch to Serial_Version function: -UnregisterPlugin, which will remove the registration data. The plug-in will be in a unregistered state after this.
- Made small change to the bundle (on Mac OS X) and FileVersion resource (on Windows) so it now reflects the correct version number.
- Fixed a few small issues and made several smaller improvements.
This plug-in allows you to easily get data from your serial devices or send information to them. We invite you to test drive the new plug-in and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 3.2 is available for downloading from Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/serialplugin.html>.
Troi Serial Plug-in 3.2 works with FileMaker Pro 8.x, 9, 10 and 11. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Pro Advanced 8.x, 9, 10 or 11. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.4.5 or higher, Windows XP (SP 2), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
A cross platform developer license costs US$ 999. Details can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi Serial Plug-in 3.2 also works with FileMaker Server 9, 10 or 11 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine.
The update from version 3.0.x and 3.1.x is free. Version 3.2 works with the same registration string. Product upgrades from an earlier cross platform developer license are available from US$ 749. Product upgrades from an earlier single platform developer license cost US$ 899.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: