AnsweredAssumed Answered

JDBC and binary, PutAs function

Question asked by dobunzli on Mar 28, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2012 by LSNOVER

Hello all,

I am trying to insert a pdf file into a filemaker database from a software named Mirth Connect that receives and handles lab results in hl7 and pdf.

The pdf is first converted by Mirth Connect into a Base64 encoded string. Then I am using javascript to transform this string into a byte array (using apache commons decode Base64) and then into an inputstream using ByteArrayInputStream. If I have understood well, this inputstream should then be used in the Filemaker jdbc PutAs function.

I receive the following error

[2012-03-28 16:01:26,720] ERROR (org.mule.impl.DefaultComponentExceptionStrategy:95): Caught exception in Exception Strategy for: 8151cbdd-52b7-485a-8721-b14e63f420c9: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.filemaker.jdbc3.J3PreparedStatement.setBinaryStream(ILjava/io/InputStream;J)V

Here is the javascript code that I am using. Any idea what is wrong ?

Thanks in advance

importPackage(java.sql);

importPackage(java.io);

// database connexion information

new com.filemaker.jdbc.Driver();

var dbConn = DriverManager.getConnection('jdbc:filemaker://localhost/M_mirthbridge','labobbv','labobbv2010');

// get the base64 String as byte array

var pdfBytes = org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Base64.decodeBase64(messageObject.getRawData().replaceAll('[^A-Za-z0-9\+\/\=]',''));

// get the length of byte array (useful in setBinaryStream function)

var arrayLength = pdfBytes.length;

// creates the ByteArrayInputStream

var inputStream = new ByteArrayInputStream(pdfBytes);

// creates the sql command to insert the filename and the binary file using PutAs

var ps = dbConn.prepareStatement("insert into Laboratoire_Incoming (labin_labodossier_id, labin_blob) values (?,PutAs(?,'PDF '))");

// parameter 1

ps.setString(1,$('originalFilename'));

// parameter 2

ps.setBinaryStream(2,inputStream,arrayLength);

// do it

ps.executeUpdate();

// close

ps.close();

dbConn.close();

Outcomes