AnsweredAssumed Answered

Goto related record from portal

Question asked by Bsabowitz on Mar 28, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 28, 2012 by karendweaver

Hi All,

I've hit another bump in the road. I have a layout in a table called "Encounters". On the layout is a portal to a table called "ROS". On the portal is a radio button field called "ROS Answer" with the choices "Reports", "Denies" or "Not Applicable". I set a script trigger on the "ROS Answer" field to trigger when modified. This triggers the following script:

If [ROS_Answer ≠ "Reports"]

Exit Script[]

End if

Go to Related Record[From Table: "ROS" ; Using layout: "ROS Notes" (ROS); New Window

Pause/Resume Script[Indefinately]

Close Window [Current Window]

So on the new layout (ROS Notes) there is a field called "comments" in which I want to type some text. However, when I enter the field and start typing, I get an error that says I can not modify the field because the record is open in another window. The only other window open is the original layout from the Encounters table.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? I thought of adding a script step to commit the record on the Encounters layout before going to the related record but when I do that for some reason it does not go to the correct related record.

Confusing!

Thanks,

Brian.

Outcomes