3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2012 7:36 PM by taylorsharpe

Login and see related records

Greg

Good Day All,

Using FMSA 11 and IWP

Here is what I am tryong to do. I have 15 restaurants and each restaurant has a name and a short name. I am using the short name as the login name in IWP and this works fine.

What I need to happen is that when a restaurant logs in they will only see the records beloging to that restaurant. Basically this is a search base on the restarant short and I need it to happen whhen they login.

Ant suggestions will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

greg

• 1. Re: Login and see related records
          Malcolm

What I need to happen is that when a restaurant logs in they will only see the records beloging to that restaurant.  Basically this is a search base on the restarant short and I need it to happen whhen they login.

You do this with security / accounts.

Create an "owner" field which is auto-populated with Creation Account Name.

Create an account group, ie, "restaurants", and set the privileges so that they are only allowed to see/edit/delete records which belong to them, ie, Owner = Get(accountName).

That will do exactly what you want. 

The final trick is to pretty it up. In the navigation button that takes them to a layout you do a search on the ID field using an asterisk. That will always filter the record set to their records.

malcolm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Login and see related records
            Greg

Thanks Malcolm,

I'll check this out in the morning.  I am brain dead about this time of night.

greg

• 3. Re: Login and see related records
              taylorsharpe

I would use FileMaker's Security to create a privilege set that only let them see their own records through a calculation.  The privilege calclualtion to see a record would be something like for each table specifying their View to be limited to the following being true:

Caes (

Get ( AccountName ) = "ABCD" and Company = "Restaurant 1" ; 1 ;

Get ( AccountName ) = "CADF" and Company = "Restaurant 2" ; 1 ;

Get ( AccountName ) = "ESRA" and Company = "Restaurant 3" ; 1 ;

0 )