3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 8:49 AM by msmichls

Sales Order Line Item to Purchase Order Line Item

msmichls

Hello,

I am creating a Product Purchase Order from my Customer Sales Order Line items. I have a Sales Invoice table connected to the Customer Table. I have a Purchase Order table connected to the Sales Invoice Line Items table.

The idea is this:

I have two customer sales orders with items from different manufacture companies. I want to combine all the line items going to the same manufacture onto one purchase order. If the items have the same part number then I want the purchase order to total these items as one purchase order line item.

Customer A:

Boots from Company 1

Socks (part XYZ) from Company 2

Customer B

Socks (part XYZ) from Company 2

Shirt from Company 2

Pants from Company 3

I have created a new purchase order for Company 2 that shows the two Sales lines items (socks) and have assigned these items with the new purchase order number. That part works on the Sales Order and Purchase Order layouts that relate to the Sales Order Line items. I am now needing to combine these two exact part numbers (part XYZ) into a single line item on the purchase order. I presume that I need to copy the part number and details to my purchase order line items for history sake, but is this redundant or highly recommended practice? Suggestions welcome.

• 1. Re: Sales Order Line Item to Purchase Order Line Item
          PeterEvans

Hi there

What you really need is a stock file that holds all the details of each item in a seperate record.  You should include fields for supplier, on sales order, on purchase order & on shelf.

When you create a sales order this should add the quantity to the on sales order, you can then create purchase orders for each supplier that has a positive number in the on sales order field.  When processing the purchase order then the quantity is moved from on sales order to on purchase order and therefore it won't appear on the next purchase order.

Hope this helps

PETE

• 2. Re: Sales Order Line Item to Purchase Order Line Item
            AlanStirling

Hi there,

If you print your Purchase Order, using the line items table, and add a sub-summary on change of Product Code, then your PO will show one line per item (having also removed the Body Part) and use a summary field to sub-total the Quantity on the Sub-Summary part next to the Product name field.

This should do it, without too many changes to your system.

Best wishes - Alan Stirling, London, UK

• 3. Re: Sales Order Line Item to Purchase Order Line Item
              msmichls

Thank you for your insights.   I have no trouble creating a summary field to display when printing the order, but that means I must always use a preview to see the combined items.  Also, when I check in the order upon arrival I want to only need to check for the one Purchase Order line item that has the 2 combined line items on it.

I was thinking of running a script to add single Sales Order Line Items into the Purchase Order Line Items table and if there was a duplicate then the quantity would be increased appropriately.  This way the original Sales Order Line Items are not changed except for a change of purchase and Sales Order line status to "arrived".

I think there is still a step I am missing.

Matthew