Assuming everything in the script is correct to run this import, based on it working on Mac, how much data is to be imported for each record?
Importing over a WAN connection can appear to grind to a halt due to network speeds. I've seen record creation with a WAN connection take over 60 seconds per record, depending on the field count and data in fields.
Also, does the iPad client have import permissions for the table in the FM file's permission group?
The import step runs but the import does not happen on the Ipad, (but does happen a mac.)
This is from the Go documentation:
Importing records is supported in a scripted process when using the Import Records script step to import from another FileMaker file. Using the Import Records script step, you can:
• Import records from a hosted file (FileMaker Server or shared using peer to peer sharing with FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Pro Advanced) into a local database. Although FileMaker Go cannot import directly from an ODBC source, it can import from an ODBC source through ESS.
• Import records stored in a local database into a hosted file
• Import records from a hosted file into another hosted file
• Import records from a local database into another local database
• Import records between tables in the same file (local or hosted)
Does that help?
Its importing a couple of records. All permissions are fine.
No, but thanks.
I am doing this
"Import records between tables in the same file (local or hosted),"
One table is native, the source table refences a hosted table. This works well in other scripts and is supported by FM.
I removed and reconfigure the "Import" steps in the script. No changes in they way they were specified, but now they work in IOS as well as OS X.