AnsweredAssumed Answered

New Script Trigger - OnLastWindowClose

Question asked by itraining on Apr 5, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2012 by itraining

G'day everyone

Taking my first look at FMPA12.

New Script Trigger:

Massive (arms out in a kind of "I want to hug you") thank you, to FMI for the new OnLastWindowClose script trigger (File: File Options...).

Finally a simple way to prevent users accidentally closing the database when they close the last window.

If I had $1 for every time a user has requested this funtionality, I would be $3,867 richer (or thereabouts).

WAN speed:

My last couple of clients have been 3 person companies with each user in a different State or Country. Hosting the databases in the USA and clients accessing them over the WAN works but speed is a major issue. The webinar mentioned speed increases. Can anyone provide evidence of real world speed increases using FMS12 and FMP12? Is it a lot faster or only marginally faster?

Resize/Stretch:

The "Meetings" starter solution demonstrates the layout theme and objects stretching and resizing as the window is resized in browse mode. The new layout I created, the Theme does not stretch/resize and I cannot find it in Help. How do I turn on the theme stretch/resize attribute?

Michael Richards

Brisbane (Australia)

Outcomes