have a database with four tables, one of which is not relevant to this conversation.
A is the parent.
B is the child.
C is the child of B and grandchild of A.
I need a protal on a layout of A populated with records from C.
B is basically a join table so the tables are related thusly:
- A has key aID related to key aID in B
See file, this was Done by Michael Horak and Mr_Vodka over @ fmforums.com
Hierarchy_test.fp7.zip 8.7 K
Nice try but not even close to an answer. What you sent has only two tables and one of them is just a viewer into the other table.
Ok, I have this working. For anyone with a similar problem, this is what I did that works:
- Set up portal showing related records from B.
- Sort on field to display from C.
- Filter by A::date = b::Date (set your own filters; this was what I wanted).
- For the display field in the portal, use B::cID
That's it. It works.
Ah... your last post was the first mention of any filtering you wanted or needed...
Glad you figured it out.