1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 9, 2012 1:41 PM by RayCologon

Question:  "Control I" gives us a list of a particular field's contents, and in alphabetical order

rigneyjim

Is it possible to print out, or transfer that list to a Word or Excel file?

Thank you ,
      Jim Rigney

• 1. Re: Question:  "Control I" gives us a list of a particular field's contents, and in alphabetical order
          RayCologon

rigneyjim wrote:

Is it possible to print out, or transfer that list to a Word or Excel file?

Hi Jim,

Yes, it is, but not directly (ie not from the View Index dialog that comes up when you press control-i).

The dialog is displaying the index of the field in question, and it's possible for you to access its contents via other means. For example, you could create a value list that references the field (ie using the "Use values from field" option), then using the ValueListItems( ) function to retrieve the contents of the index. Using that approach, you will be able to set the index contents into a field from which you'll then be able to print or export them.

Dependsing on what you need this for (and how frequently etc), there may be other options you could consider, but the above may provide you with some ideas to work with.

Regards,

Ray

------------------------------------------------

R J Cologon, Ph.D.

FileMaker Certified Developer

Author, FileMaker Pro 10 Bible

NightWing Enterprises, Melbourne, Australia

http://www.nightwingenterprises.com

------------------------------------------------

1 of 1 people found this helpful