AnsweredAssumed Answered

Having Trouble with Lists and Radio Buttons

Question asked by bluelillie on Apr 9, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2012 by RayCologon

I have a list of 12 items each which should receive a 'desired' or 'undesired' selection. In a spreadsheet, this would just be a matter of one column to list the items, one for desired and one for undesired with the ability to check next to the item 'desired' or 'undesired'.

I'm having to put this checklist into an FMP layout and have been playing with radio button sets and got desperate enough to try checkboxes (which I have been successful with in the past). Out of despair, I have created three fields (items, desired, undesired) and laid them side by side for the illusion of cohesion. However, neither the radio buttons nor even the checkboxes are letting me choose desired or undesired for each item- only the top one will select (even with the 'cheat'). I'm probably taking the wrong approach since as I said above I'm more use to this in a spreadsheet than a database, but there has to be a way to make it work. Any answers or advice please. . .

Should look like (although the line distinctions are not required, just the formatting/side by side ability):

ItemDesiredUndesired
1x
x
3x
x
and so on
x

This information will just be viewed. It won't trigger anything and I am using FMP Advanced

Outcomes