2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2012 2:27 AM by thomas_staehli

Filemaker 12 Preview mode issues

thomas_staehli

I was testing a solution that I've just converted to FM12, and I noticed that preview mode doesn't display the same in FM 11 and FM 12. Here's an example of a document :

Filemaker 11Filemaker 12
      FM11_Preview.PNGFM12_Preview.PNG

When I print out the document from FM 12 (or save as pdf), it comes out as it should be and not as in the preview, which is a good thing, but I always thought that preview was rendered using the printer driver so how come it doesn't show what it will print?

This is really annoying for me, because I always let the user on that preview window to allow them to print or save as pdf or even just close without printing and now all my documents appear all messed up even though they print properly.

I've tried to play a little bit with the document, modify the margins, modify the text field width, the body width, but it doesn't change anything.

Any ideas how I could fix this? I really want to offer this preview options to my users, but like this... it's useless. I'm starting to think I should save as pdf, import in a container and preview from there.... but it's annoying...

This only seems to affect the windows version, I've tried on OSX Lion, I don't have that issue.

Message was edited by: Thomas Staehli