2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2012 12:38 AM by carlo

Conditional formatted or not in FM12Adv?

carlo

I have been busy trying to convert a menu structure that I created within tab structure that are all based on .png icons (200+) since I had a complete blow out of almost 3x file size on conversion. I have deleted the icons and changed the field that sat on top of these to a native gradient fills, with a simple conditional format that value is empty use transparent fill. Nice and simple but after setting this up on all the field, I was not working in all cases, until I went back into conditional formatting and clicked on fill transparency again. (like the old issues of copying a variable from one layout to another in 11) but this was all set-up in the same layout only different tabs.

I have copied the field/format into a new file and added a single field for it to reference attached same issue once you enter conditional formatting and reapply transparency to the fill it now works. (This is in the new copy of FM12A not the prerelease that was deleted OS 10.7.3)

Carlo

• 1. Re: Conditional formatted or not in FM12Adv?
          psijmons

Carlo, I think the Theme style formatting is overruling the formatting of your new field.

I have attached you sample again as images, but now with 2 extra instances from your field.

Both were created from the menu, then the formatting was copy / pasted via the inspector and conditional formatting was applied.

Was the first field created in FMP11, then converted to 12?

(apparently i cannot upload a file in a reply, only images, hence the pictures)

Screen Shot 2012-04-12 at 09.09.31.jpgScreen Shot 2012-04-12 at 09.09.41.jpg

• 2. Re: Conditional formatted or not in FM12Adv?
            carlo

Hi,

I forgot to mention that all these fields are  globals and were originally (with others that are behaving badly) converted from fm11, the theme is still classic.

I applied the new formatting (gradients) in FM12 as well as the (null) conditional formatting on the background. I am also experiencing the same problems when copied to other layouts (even after I have reapplied the conditional formatting) with the result being random (i,e some disappear and others don't) . I feel it is very much like copying of variables from one layout to another in FM11 and you had to click on the variable to get it to appear.

The Lesson is you can not rely on the behavior of conditional formatting from one layout to another when copying global's I am not certain about other fields but the file is mocked (attached) up from my original  and attached was a text field. This is going to be a real pain having to check on all conditional formatting it may also be linked to the issue of FM12 being so slow when you have multiple conditional formats on a layout.