I have not seen this behavior, but it sure sounds like a UI bug. Have you tried it without any plugins to see if the plugins are a culprit? Does this happen in other databases or just this one? If it is just this one, have you tried a recover on it? I'm just throwing out a few ideas, but have no real answer for you.
I've also been experiencing this problem -- not just when dragging script lines to a new location, but also when dragging other elements (for example, when dragging a layout within Manage Layouts).
Since I'm also using the FileFire plugin, I tried removing it, and that seems to fix the problem.
I've tested repeatedly, dragging lines of scripts and draggin layouts.
If FileFire is active, I always crash. If FileFire has been removed, I never crash.
I'm running the latest version of FileFire Advanced, v1.0.4b30
I'll contact Dacons with the info.
FileFire is a Dacons plugin and it is good to hear you are contacting them about the problem.
FileFire has a number of nice features, but I've found all the file manipulation features I need I can get in the free ScriptMaster plugin from 360 Works. Granted FileFire has more features that you may need, but if you want basic file manipulation, ScriptMaster does it and the price is even better (Free!!!).
Dacons gave me links for a pre-release version of the FileFire Advanced plugin, and it appears to fix the issue:
Thank you for the effort and the result. I can confirm all now seems OK with the pre-release FileFire plugin.
Thanks & regards
Hi Taylor, have used Scriptmaster however found that for some of my requirements the complexity required was challenging. As you say it is free which is a big plus.