2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2012 4:39 PM by Greg

Idle limit for FM GO 11

Greg

I have been trying to find the idle limit for FM GO 11. I may have missed it in researching the available material. I have created a Customer Comment Card solutioon that is used on an iPAD in the restaurant and may experience idle time between viviting customers. I know there is info concerning FM GO 12 on this subject and may be another reasn to reccommend an upgrade.

Thanks,

greg

• 1. Re: Idle limit for FM GO 11
          Vaughan

There are a couple of different "idle limits". One is the time to screen lock or sleep on the iPad -- this is indeendent of FMP. Another is the idle time in the privilege set in the FMP database itself.

My guess is that the device sleep/lock is the one you need to look at.

There is an extended privilege that allows auto-login from an iOS device, this will save having to re-authenticate each time the device is unlocked.

• 2. Re: Idle limit for FM GO 11
            Greg

Thanks Vaughan,

I am aware of the sleep / lock on the iPAD and it will be set to "never".

I will research futher the privilege set and extended privilege.  Since the dvice will not be going asleep I think I'll concentrate on the privilege set in the FMP database.

greg