I'm using an FM solution built on 6 files, each of them including their own tables.
Someone suggested me to move toward a new "interface file", without internal tables, saying that it would be light and quick using with iPad.
Now I d'ont understand what is the best possible construction between the possible ones:
- 1 file with ALL tables;
- more files (as it is now);
- more table files with 1 interface file
- 1 interface file + 1 table file
Does FM12's engine provide any advantage from a specific construction? I saw the wonderfull SeedCode Complete solution, and it has more or less same content that mine...
My actual situation:
- File A with Account tables (about 16k main records + 32k related records)
- File B with Activity tables (abot 10k records)
- File C with emailer (external plug-in)
- File D Menù set up, users permissions
- File E some externale tables referring to addresses (Postal codes, In-Country codes, categories related to accounts, etc.)
- File F accounts tables (Agents) - non sense
Any suggestion for this poor salesman got "FM developper"? :-)