2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2012 2:16 PM by inov8pro

Need help Please - Table Relationships for a Check-In Layout for Event Management?

inov8pro

Using FMP12 Advanced:

I'm desperately trying to understand the Event Management solution from FMP11.

For the most part I am using this solution as is but I want to create a "Check-In" Layout that I can have users check-in guests. I need a way to create a relationship between the "Event" table and the "Contact" table so that a user can search the "Contact" table and find a contact. Then I would use a buttion with a script to input the record into the "Event_EventGuest_Contact" record and then the script would contiue and print a badge.

The "EventGuest" joiner table seems to be to create new records only so I can't search my "Contact" table with say the "Event_EventGuest_Contact" table occurance because that is used to create new Guests for a specific Event. However, in the portal area under the Guest tab you can do a search by "Full_Name" but only in the potal.

I've attached the stater solution. If you are using FMP12 it converts quickly.

I only have a coupe of weeks to come up with a solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

• 1. Re: Need help Please - Table Relationships for a Check-In Layout for Event Management?
          inov8pro

Sorry about the "Need help please" thing.  Most everyone who posts needs help.

Going to try relating the "Contact" table  with a global field in the "Contact" table and relate it to the the "Event" table "k_ID_Event."

• 2. Re: Need help Please - Table Relationships for a Check-In Layout for Event Management?
            inov8pro

I've partially solved this problem. Not sure it was the best way butI was able to create my "Check-In" layout relationships by doing the following.

• I created  the  "Contacts" table TO "Events_EventsCheckIn_Contacts" 
            • In Layout Manager I used this TO for my "show records" setting.  This gave me access to all the contacts.
            • I added a global Field "k_CheckIn_ID" to the "Contacts" table with the options "Global,Numeric Only"
            • I linked the above field with the "Event" Table "kp_ID_Event"
            • Now I can lock the Check-In Layout to one event.

This may not be the best way to do this but at least I'm learning.  Now I have to work on scripting the button to create new record in the associated event table and then have it print the credential.

Paul