AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker 12 strange login behaviour

Question asked by thomas_staehli on Apr 19, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2012 by thomas_staehli

I'm currently working on a new Filemaker 12 project, and I've had a really strange issue twice already and I have no idea why it happenened.

First, here's my setup:

- I have 2 files, one for the interface and one for the data

- I login automatically as guest in the interface file to arrive on a personalized login layout

- The interface file has a "Parameters" table with 2 global fields (username and password)

- The login layout doesn't show any field from the data file

- The initialization script doesn't contain any references to fields from the data file

So it usually works perfectly, without showing me the Filemaker Login popup. But it happened twice that FM actually asks me for the data file password before showing any layouts at all. And once it happened, it stays that way, meaning even if I close filemaker, relaunch everything, it will ALWAYS ask me for my data file password first.

The only way I found to make that behaviour disappear is to save the Interface file as clone, but still it's anoying and I don't want to clone my Interface file every day.

I haven't tested the "Broken" file on the Filemaker server yet, so I don't know if it's a local behaviour or not.

Anybody has a solution to this?

------------

Message was edited by: Thomas Staehli

I forgot to mention I'm currently working on windows 7, but I've tried to open the solution in OSX Lion, and it's exactly the same

Outcomes