1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2012 9:54 AM by Stephen Huston

Runtime sizes for Win and FM11/12

pedantic

I did a search of the forums and found plenty of information on reducing the Windows runtime size by removing all the languages except for the English language, and I have done that, but are there any other files that I can take out? For example I experimented on a Win7 box and found that if I took out all of the Microsoft.* folders my runtime ran just fine. Does anyone know why they are included? How stupid have I been to remove them? (Not all that stupid because I haven't distributed the package yet...I'm at least show ing that much caution. ) Are there any other files that may safely be removed?

You see, we have a serious size restriction issue on the Windows side, so the more I can remove, the happier the project manager will be. But I very definitely know that if we send product out to our customers that does not work, that will very definitely NOT make her happy, and then my life will not be happy. So any wisdom that can be thrown my way will be definitely appreciated.