Troi Automatisering releases Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.3 for FileMaker Pro 12
New plug-in for FileMaker Pro 12 adds easy install functionality
April 19th, 2012, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.3 for FileMaker Pro 12.
What is Troi Grabber Plug-in?
Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.3 is a very powerful tool for grabbing images from a video camera and putting them directly into a FileMaker container field. All from within FileMaker Pro 12 you can:
- preview the image stream from the video input source
- crop pictures to grab only the desired part of the video image
- rotate pictures before grabbing
- grab pictures from a video input source and put them into your FileMaker database
- record a movie from a video input source for a specified number of seconds or until the mouse is clicked and save the movie to a specified file on the hard disk
- get timecodes of a recorded movie; you can get the timecode of the beginning of the movie, of the end of the movie, the timecode at the current point in the movie or the duration of the movie in timecode
New Features and bug fixes
Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.3 adds support for FileMaker Pro 12, with examples in the new .fmp12 file format. This release also adds a new example file, which demonstrates how to automatically install the plug-in directly from a container field.
Version 2.3 has the following new features and fixes:
- Made compatible and tested with FileMaker Pro 12.
- Added new switch "-GetPluginInstallPath" to the Grab_Version function: This switch will return the path where a plug-in is installed.
- Added new example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, which contains the plug-ins and can install the plug-in from within FileMaker Pro 12.
- Made small change to the bundle (on Mac OS X) and FileVersion resource (on Windows) so it now reflects the correct version number.
- Fixed a bug in Grab_GrabImage and QuickTimeClassic, which could cause the grabbing an image to fail with error code $$-2020.
- Improved several other example files and made other internal improvements.
- festival-, meeting- or conference registration database with pictures
- medical database with pictures of the patients' condition
- easy recording of auditions or casting
- a webcam database
- making ID badges for schools and universities
- capture a movie and log the scenes and timecodes
The possibilities are virtually limitless when using Troi Grabber Plug-in. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.3 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/grabberplugin.html>.
Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.3 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11 or 12. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Windows XP (Service Pack 2), Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Licenses cost US$ 999 for a developer license. We don't offer single licenses at the moment. More details on developer licenses can be found on our web site.
Upgrading to version 2.3 is free for all users of version 2.x. The 2.3 version works with the same 2.0 registration string.
Product upgrades from an earlier cross platform developer license are available for US$ 499. Product upgrades from an earlier single platform developer license cost US$ 699.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: