4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 9:07 AM by aarjunmuthu

Trouble selecting items in layout mode

anothersmurf

Hello folks--

Apologies for the "newbie" questions. I'm new to FMP12, though I've been using 9 for years. In layout mode, I'm having trouble selecting things with the mouse.

1. When I try to select multiple objects by dragging the mouse over them, I always get extra things that I didn't mean. (Background items, nearby things, etc.) So I have to shift-click on everything, rather a pain. Is this a known bug? Or is there some "only select the things I'm selecting" setting which is off by default?

2. If I select several fields by dragging the mouse over them, there's no visual indication that they're selected (though they are). If I use shift-click, there is no indication of which specific items are selected; rather, it looks like only a single grouped object is selected, and there's no indication of which items are in the group. For example, if I have two fields side-by-side, then two more beneath them, and I shift-click to select three of the fields, there's no way to tell which three are selected (or whether all four are). How do I make it show me which individual items are selected?