3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 11:49 PM by bumper

Need Help with Print Script.

inov8pro

I am printing badges from a Guest Check-in system. I've built a script and the badges print - just not the right badge. I want it to print the last badge created after the record was committed.

Here's the script:

Go to Layout [original layout]

Go to Portal Row [Select;Last]

Set Field [Events_EventsGuests::kf_ID_Contact_Reg; Events_EventCheckIn_Contact::k_ID_Contact_Reg]

Commit Records/Requests [Skip data entry validation]

Go to Layout ['Badges" (Events_EventGuests)]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Last] # I thought this would print the last badge in the layout but the script still only prints the first badge in the layout #

Print Setup [Restore; No dialog]

Print [Restore: Brother QL-570; No dialog]

Thanks for any help.

Paul

• 1. Re: Need Help with Print Script.
          Malcolm

I am printing badges from a Guest Check-in system.  I've built a script and the badges print - just not the right badge. I want it to print the last badge created after the record was committed.

Instead of Go To Record. Try, Go To Related Record.

malcolm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Need Help with Print Script.
            inov8pro

I was able to get appropriate record to print in part using the Go To Related Record.  Now what I need to do is prevent the possiblitiy of the User entering the same Guest two or more times.  I thought the "If" function might work but I'm not clear on how, especially when it comes searching all the records in a specific field on anothor table. 

Here are the steps:

• The User does a Find on the Check-In Layout using the Name Fields.
            • When the User has found the right individual he clicks on the Print Credentdial button and the script uses the related Contact_ID to enter the right individual in to the new record. 
            • What I want is a script before this that compares the current Contact_ID found on the Check-In layout to all the Contact_ID records on the EventGuest table and if it finds a match a Show Custom Dialog appears saying something like "This Guest is has already Registered"
            • Ends the script.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

• 3. Re: Need Help with Print Script.
              bumper

Put a "Printed" field, number, validate for 1 or 0 in your Contacts table. Set that field to a 1 (or 0, your prefrence) on record creation, At the end of the print script, Set field, Printed = 0. Back toward the beginning of the script, use an If step to trap for the Printed field. If Printed = 0, show a custom dialog "this badge has been printed" Else print the badge.