4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2012 4:34 PM by dwelam

FM Go Crashing when Importing from "Camera Roll" is selected

CCAS

The handling, attributes and potential of container fields is quite something. Being able to populate a field with a picure just taken with an iPad's camera is very, very nice. However, when I choose to populate a container fields from a pic that is the iPad's "Camera Roll" (recent picures taken and not place in any album), Go crashes summarily. Is there something I've missed? All work fine with a picture just taken, one from an album, etc., but it's all dies when "Camera Roll" is selected.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this (or quick-turnaround bug fixes).

• 1. Re: FM Go Crashing when Importing from "Camera Roll" is selected
          CCAS

My apolgies for my recent posting. It reads like it was written by a Martian that's just now studying English...Or was it that marvelous Apple "assistant" that so regularly mangles my emails

• 2. Re: FM Go Crashing when Importing from "Camera Roll" is selected
            CCAS

Asking and aswering your own questions...nice.

As it turns out, my noted "crashing" problem had to do with a problem with my new iPad. Somehow, a picture taken with the iPad's camera got "stuck" somewhere and even trying to access it via the iPad's "Photos" app resulted in a device freeze. I powered off the iPad, waited a bit, restarted it - and the picture in the cameral roll was gone and new pictures added were handled correctly, by both the iPad and FM Go.

Now to figure out how, and why, the iPad could have choked on a simple picure taken with its camera. A weekend visit to the Apple store is in order.

• 3. Re: FM Go Crashing when Importing from "Camera Roll" is selected
              beverly

This happened to me on the first iPhone when taking a picture in the Contacts. Complete shut down and restart and everything seemed ok.

After a crash, if you sync your iPad (or iPhone), you will get a crash log of the event(s).

Launch Console and look for the "CrashReporter" and in that look for "MobileDevice". You'll see a list of device(s). Open the one for your iPad and look for "FileMakerGo-iPad" followed by a date. Those reports may help Apple (and FileMaker).

Beverly

• 4. Re: FM Go Crashing when Importing from "Camera Roll" is selected
                dwelam

Same issue here, although a reboot didn't help. Choosing "Camera Roll" causes a crash, but any other photo album works fine. I will note that I was running a hosted file on the iPad.