4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2012 9:49 AM by jallen

Web Publishing Engine

toblicon

I`m running Filemaker Server 10 on a Mac OS Server(10.5.8). There is a maximum number of web publishing sessions fixed to 100. Is it possible to extend this number? The database close down very often, an I have to open it manually. I think its because of to much traffic, but I`m not sure.

• 1. Re: Web Publishing Engine
          wimdecorte

No, that's a hard limit.  FMS12 however has 200 of them.

Info on why your databases close should be in the event.log.  I would urge you to look at that closely because databases closing on the server is a sign of big trouble... I doubt it has to do with the # of web users.

• 2. Re: Web Publishing Engine
            toblicon

Thank you for the answer. Seems that I have to upgrade to FMS12, because the event.log tells that the limit(100) is reached.

• 3. Re: Web Publishing Engine
              Mike Duncan

This can often be a sign of a slow response to a request... are there any pages which load extremely slow? Could be the result of searching on an un-indexed field, or a related field... or sorting a large result set.

The 100 connection limit is actually a lot more than other servers, but you also might look at fast hard drive for the server or adding more RAM for faster response if the load warrants it.

--

Mike

• 4. Re: Web Publishing Engine
                jallen

In addition to the previous comment, see if the database file is set to automatically sort records upon opening and make a change if it is. This will cause some issues with large amounts of data with as many users changing tables.

Jerry