2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2012 9:08 PM by Vaughan

Specifying image quality when taking a picture

garyavischious

Is there a script to automate the quality, or image file size, of images taken in GO. I have an file that keeps tracks of reciepts with images, but the file gets large quickly with just black and white reciept images.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Specifying image quality when taking a picture
          Evopac

From what I know there isn't a way to reduce the image size. Even the iPhone or iPad camera doesn't have options to snap photos or videos in a lower resolution....

I hope to be proven wrong as having an option to take lower resolutions videos or pictures are super useful, as space on the ipad can prove to be little sometimes....

• 2. Re: Specifying image quality when taking a picture
            Vaughan

Evopac wrote:

From what I know there isn't a way to reduce the image size. Even the iPhone or iPad camera doesn't have options to snap photos or videos in a lower resolution....

I hope to be proven wrong as having an option to take lower resolutions videos or pictures are super useful, as space on the ipad can prove to be little sometimes....

I've got FM Go 11 open on an iPad 2 taking a still photo into a container field. In the top left hand corner of the image there is an icon that allows the resolution to be changed between full, large, medium, small. (Might have been better naming the options Just OK, Poor, Barely good enough, etc but that's another post.)

A quick test in FM Go 12 shows that it has the same resolution choices for still photos. No options for video though.