0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2012 9:15 AM by amichaels

Missing Text Fields on Windows Machine

amichaels

Greetings -

I am using a third party software application (Shopworks) that has a FileMaker back end.

I don't have access to adjust the field length as was suggested in other posts, and the developer of the original application has denied requests to adjust this. I have read-only access to the underlying tables.

I am using the FileMaker ODBC Driver 11.2.70.0 to connect and the computer in question is running Windows Server Standard and FileMaker Server 11 Advanced.

I built a test application using classic ASP to connect and when running a very simple query I get all numeric and date values returned, as well as "null" values for text fields that have a null value, but all other text fields appear blank.

Is there any way to restrict field length either in the connection string or in the query itself to get around this? Alternatively, is there another driver or version of the driver that I should try in order to get around this?

Any suggestions or advice of what else to try are greatly appreciated. If there is any additional information I can provide please let me know.