AnsweredAssumed Answered

Modal Dialog Window Questions

Question asked by AllegroDataSolutions on Apr 30, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2012 by jormond
  1. In attempting to use the new modal (dialog) window feature, I found that the only criteria the script step accepts is pixels. FMP12 doesn't use pixels anywhere else, so determining the size of the window from the rulers on the layout is something of an ordeal.
  2. The second problem has been around, I think, as long as you have been able to specify window size and positions. When the user is viewing a maximized layout and executes a script that opens a window, the layout is no longer maximized. This is behavior is jarring for MS Windows users, especially if the new window is supposed to function as a dialog. It's not the way most other Windows applications behave. I had hoped that the new modal window would function like a dialog functions in the Windows OS, since FMP is supposed to be cross platform.

I don't typically have a need for layouts to function as dialogs in my solutions (though I need it for one that I am building now). If any developer who has used them has any ideas for a workaround, I'd be grateful if you would post them here.

Thanks.

Outcomes