12 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2012 2:02 PM by MattLeach

FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, WPE Errors

MattLeach

Im having some trouble getting IWP and XML running on FMSA12 in a 2 server deployment.

Bother servers are idential machines running Windows 2008 Server Standard SP2.

Server 1 - Database

Server 2 - Web

Here is layout of the deployment:

Deployment.png

Everytime i attempt to start Web Publishing i get errors that it cannot communicate with the other server. Here are the entries from the Log Viewer:

Log.png

I have gone as far as disabling the firewall on both machines to make sure that blocked ports are not causing a conflict but to no avail.

Any other possibilities as to why it would have issues communicating?

• 1. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
          MattLeach

Dug into the issue a little more today and im not sure if this is an actual error or not as i am able to use IWP successfully. The only issue that i'm trying to work through now is setting up a connection using FMStudio.

• 2. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
            ecsos

we had to install server 11, uninstall it, then install 12 to make this work. sprinkle iis restarts or reboots throughout.

• 3. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
              MattLeach

Thanks, will have to give this a shot after hours. Really wish the worked machine didnt have to be installed before the master, would make this alot easier lol.

• 4. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
                oditech

We do the multiple server install here at ODI for our hosting clients. A couple things to check (I know it sounds simple but lets make sure that there is gas in the tank)

1. At this point I would uninstall the worker machine and make sure that you have the web server role installed (IIS) on Windows Server 2008 installed before you install the filemaker worker on the machine. If in the original install you installed IIS after you installed the worker (I am guilty of this one!) I would also uninstall IIS. Re-install IIS then the worker.

2. After this go to the server machine and re-run the server config wizard with your options for php, iwp, etc. We use the php install from filemaker BTW.

We use the firewall rules from this page:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6427/~/filemaker-server-and-filemaker-server-advanced-port-numbers

or you can install with the firewall off.

We have installed several groups of FileMaker servers this way without a hitch.

Hope all goes well.

• 5. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
                  MattLeach

This server was originally FMSA v11 and everything worked fine, IIS was installed prior to FMSA and the firewall was off.

I removed FMSA 11, rebooted and installed FMSA 12 and that is when the problem started. I will have to wait until after hours to see if i can get this going, thanks for the help.

• 6. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
                    MattLeach

Had an opportunity to work on the server this evening and am making some progress. I've removed FMSA 12 from the worker machine, rebooted and reinstalled FMSA 12. From the Master machine, i re-deployed the servers. The Web Server is now functional but the Web Publishing Engine is still having issues. In the deployment log there is an error 10007 when stopping and starting WPE. I did a google search and havent come up with anything for an error 10007, anyone have an idea of that it references?

Here is the full deployment log:

Deployment started at 5/15/12 9:26 PM

---------------------------------

SETUP: PRECONFIGURE WEB SERVER

Stop web server                                             succeeded

Create IIS backup                                           succeeded

Create app fmi-test                                         succeeded

Restart web server                                          succeeded

Start default web site                                      succeeded

Test web server (http://192.168.100.49:80/fmi-test/test.xml) succeeded

START DEPLOYMENT

Step 1: Save settings:

Save administrative configuration settings                  succeeded

Step 2: Configure Web Publishing Engine (WPE):

Stop WPE                                                    Error: 10007

Set WPE AutoStart to enabled                                succeeded

Add JVM Route to JWPC Server XML file                       succeeded

Create WPC prefs file                                       succeeded

Create CWPC prefs file                                      succeeded

Update JWPC prefs file                                      succeeded

Start WPE                                                   Error: 10007

Update WPE deployment configuration                         succeeded

Update mDNS service info                                    succeeded

Step 3: Configure web server:

Start default web site                                      succeeded

Create worker properties file                               succeeded

Create Workers mount file                                   succeeded

Add FileMaker Web Publishing isapiCgiRestriction             message:New add object missing required attributes. Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'path' set to 'C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\web-server-support\iis\isapi_redirect.dll', , .

Install ISAPIRedirect web server extensions                 succeeded

Create isapi_redirect properties file                       succeeded

Create Virtual directory jakarta                            succeeded

Unlock isapiFilter configuration                            succeeded

Add FM Web Publishing ISAPI Filter                          succeeded

Set IIS handlers access policy                              succeeded

Enable detailed IIS errors                                  succeeded

Update FileMaker API PHP setting: : $__FM_CONFIG['hostspec'] = 'http://127.0.0.1'; succeeded

Start web server                                            succeeded

Update WPE deployment configuration                         succeeded

Add fastCGI handler                                         succeeded

Add PHP IsapiCgiRestriction                                 succeeded

Set PHP instance max requests to 10000                      succeeded

Update FileMaker PHP ini file                               succeeded

Create PHP ini registry entries                             succeeded

Add PHP path to PATH environment variable                   succeeded

Create PHPRC environment variable                           succeeded

Update FileMaker API PHP setting: : $__FM_CONFIG['locale'] = 'en'; succeeded

Step 4: Configure Database server (DBS):

Set WPE Authorization Info                                  succeeded

Set XDBC AutoStart to yes                                   succeeded

Update XDBC deployment configuration                        succeeded

Start XDBC                                                  succeeded

Step 5: Configure AdminServer:

Save WPE deployment settings                                succeeded

Save web server deployment settings                         succeeded

Save DBS deployment settings                                succeeded

Restart WPE                                                 Stopping the WPE(wpe1) component failed: error code = 10007

Reindex log files                                           succeeded

Deployment completed at 5/15/12 9:28 PM

• 7. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
                      oditech

The error code that you are seeing is from fmsadmin.exe. I have seen this error before when using the command line. Unfortunately its not very helpful as the error reads "General Startup Error" Have you tried removing the config files on the server machine to wipe out the confguration and start from scratch. Im thinking that it might be a bad config file.

Basically the same as a lost password reset. Here is the link.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6989/~/what-to-do-if-filemaker-server-admin-console-password-is-lost-or-forgotten

I hope this helps.

• 8. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
                        BeatriceBeaubien

Hi Matt,

On my system (2008 R2, FMS11) if  I don't give enough time for the service to stop, I get the 10007 error. If I wait for a minute, it restarts without issue.

Best wishes,

Beatrice Beaubien, PhD

i2eye, Toronto, Canada

FileMaker Business Alliance

FileMaker 11 Certified Developer

Knowledge Translation Certified Professional

• 9. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
                          MattLeach

I completely removed the FileMaker Server directory on the worker machine before reinstalling but i guess ill have to do the same on the Master machine to see if it makes a difference.

• 10. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
                            MattLeach

The errors are coming up during the actual deployment so im not controlling the stopping / starting, FileMaker is.

• 11. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
                              MattLeach

Really at a loss here.

I went ahead and completely removed FileMaker Server from both the worker and master machines. I deleted the entire FileMaker Server directory on both machines. I've shut off the firewall on both machines.

I then went ahead and did a fresh install on the worker machine followed by the master machine. Rebooted both. Ran through the deployment assistant and an still getting the same error. The log file i posted previously is identical to the current log, same errors in the same areas.

Anyone have any other ideas? I can't seem to find the cause.

• 12. Re: FMSA12: Two Server Deployment, IWP & XML Errors
                                MattLeach

Went ahead with a complete reinstall of IIS, still no change. Hoping someone out there may have some insight on what else to try.