markolson68

Searching within a portal--simple problem

Discussion created by markolson68 on May 6, 2012
Latest reply on May 15, 2012 by digital-carpentry

I used to design filemaker pro standalone databases as well as fmp databases that are served over the web. Then I took a 3 year hiatus and have seemingly forgotten some basic concepts. Now I'm looking at a database that I didn't complete and am having an embarressingly difficult time figuring out why I can't get it to perform a simple search correctly (any search that finds at least one match comes back with all records, though a null set will return a 'no match'). I'm quite sure my previous self as well as most of you would know within seconds what is wrong with it, but my current self cannot figure it out. I know that I didn't previously establish the relationships within the database because all of that was to be coded in the web interface (which never happened). So, I probably just don't have a relationship specified correctly.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to take a look at it (via email), I'd be greatly appreciative.

On a separate but related note, I've been using filemaker advanced 9, but is my understanding correct that if I updated to 12 and Go that I could achieve portability on iphone and iphone devices without having to build a web interface? It's this assumption that leads me to make this work as a standalone file.

mark

Outcomes