2 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2012 9:44 AM by timwhisenant

EHR database using body chart references

abradbur

Hello,

I'm considering using FMP as a simple EHR system to better access historical and analytical information in a small Mental Health Treatment Centre.

I specifically need to know if I can insert a "Body Chart" Diagram (see below) into the form.

Allowing the user to:

1) place a "pin(s)" on that body chart

2) enter text details relating to those pins

any direction with this would be most appreciated

body_diagram.jpg

• 1. Re: EHR database using body chart references
          ClayTarver

I've done this for our school nurse visit database. the diagram is overlayed with as many transparent boxes as you want, each acting as a button (or you can assemble a drwaing out of variously-shaped buttons, as shown.  -SS 2012-05-07 at 12.06.13 PM.jpgIf the user clicks on, for instance, the right hand, The text "right hand" is entered into the InjuryLocation field.

• 2. Re: EHR database using body chart references
            timwhisenant

Hi Brad??,

(You didn't sign your post, so forgive if my guess is incorrect)

A few years ago, back around version 10, Andy Cohen,PHD wrote an article for Filemaker Advisor titled "Build data-driven Graphic Displays with FileMaker Pro". It should be available via FilemakerSphere.com if you have access the article # is19654. He used the very concept you are considering here as the example for the article. You may be able to find him directly, he also was involved in a podcast, "Filemaker Success Tips" http://fmsuccesstips.libsyn.com

Hope this Helps,

Tim