5 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2012 4:01 PM by allphonelist

How to import data from Excel 2007 into existing fm table and check for duplicate data?

allphonelist

Hello everyone. This is my first discussion, so sorry if this is duplicated information somewhere, as I have not been able to find any info on this yet.

I am using FM Pro 11 Advanced. I have created a table that hold 4.6 million records of client information, and every few days we get an excel file of potential new customers. What we would like to be able to do is the following:

1. Compare the client's first/last name & address with the existing table to ensure there are no duplicates
      2. If there are duplicates then we would like to be able to take the phone # from the new data then either:
        • create a new field in the table say called "Alternate #" and then insert the new phone # into the appropriate field
        • or insert the new phone # into an existing field called "Alternate #1, Alternate #2, etc"
      3. If there are NO duplicates found, then simply import the new data into the existing client table

I hope this makes sense. I would greatly appreciate any help and feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks a million,

Mike Cadotte

mike@allphonelist.ca