I just created a new report layout with classic theme (header, body, sub-summary and footer) and everything is white as it should be. Are you using another theme?
The cool blue
Using classic loses ALL kinds of cleverness, so why would I want use it??
Firstly, I agree this is undesirable behaviour!
I would try the following.
- Create layout with theme
- Copy all layout objects to clipboard (or to another layout to be safe)
- Delete all layout objects
- Change theme to classic
- Paste all layout objects back on to layout
Depending what aspect of the theme you are using from the theme, you may find you can change the theme to classic with the layout objects in place and then perform a single undo to restore fomatting. (a second undo undoes the theme change)
Selecting a new theme seems to be a two step process
- Set/store the theme to apply to all new objects created
- Apply theme to all existing objects
Hope this helps and you can find a way to get what you want....