Have a look at our services:
We're in our 14th year of providing Professional FileMaker Hosting. Our
hardware specs are top of the line, and our network is extremely fast
utilizing multiple OC-12 and gigabit ethernet links to multiple top tier
Please let me know either here or off-list to jmay(at)pointinspace.com
if you have any additional questions, etc. after reviewing this info.
My school is going to go to a remote hosting site for our new database
for all three schools next year. The server guys feel its going to be
better than having one school be the hosting site where the bandwith is
limited already. We don't want to bog things down for one school.
How do I pick a place to host it? What are some good places to host?
We will have 1-3 database and will have about 70-90 users (within the
next few years) accessing the database every day. The morning will be
the biggest use of the database as everyone uses it to take attendance.
I'm going to rebuild our database to FM 12 over the summer, so I'll need
the FM 12 server.
DO I look for reliability? The Filemaker Business Alliance badge?
How do I know what kind of bandwidth and service i will need from the
I realize i'm asking people who probably do hosting. I'd love to get
some information regarding your company's service if possible. I need to
present 3 to 5 possibilities and let the guys who make the decisions
pick one. I'm very inclined to go with someone here who I 'know' is in
the filemaker developing business.
We are looking for between $50 and $80 a month in the service (is this
reasonable). And we're looking for the above needs to be met.
Check Out: http://www.productivecomputing.com
Productive Computing, Inc., a Platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, is a full service FileMaker Pro hosting company. FileMaker hosting services allow customers to host their own FileMaker Pro solutions on Productive Computing servers in the cloud instead of purchasing and supporting the necessary server infrastructure themselves.
Try a 30-day FREE trial today!
FileMaker Hosting Differences You Can Count On:
While there are many choices out there for hosting a FileMaker Pro database, keeping things focused and simple to efficiently accomplish your hosting needs is our philosophy. Here are some things that make Productive Computing, Inc.'s FileMaker Pro database hosting service different:
- We are a large FileMaker Platinum development firm with extensive expert knowledge of all things FileMaker (not just a hosting company who may or may not know how FileMaker works under the hood).
- We have physical servers with SSD drives (nothing virtual, nothing outdated) and as a result have read/write times faster than traditional hard drives.
- We don’t overload our servers with too many files or customers and we always use the latest version of FileMaker Server and OS security patches after we have tested them.
- We perform local backups, twice daily backups to a physical attached drive, and to the cloud. That gives us 3 points of redundancy for disaster recovery and up to 30 days of data as well as weekly and monthly snapshots.
- We provide a weekly DropBox backup (more often if needed) for those customers who want the peace of mind to know their data is at their fingertips. No cumbersome FTP programs are required to get at your data should you need it.
- We provide direct FileMaker Server admin console access for users on FileMaker 12 where they can close and open files, download files, etc. We can provide direct access to FileMaker 11 Server admin as well for developers who request it.
- We provide a unique Instant Web Publishing (IWP) scenario that will auto redirect IWP users to a web page of your choosing upon IWP time out or IWP log out. We developed this technology here in-house and it’s truly one of a kind.
- Distance from the server to the client is a big factor which is why we are continuing to invest in our infrastructure by putting servers in all corners of the country.