1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2012 6:01 PM by Lemmtech

Send Mail with Multiple (Container) Attachments

bright_guy

Hi. How does one attach multiple files to an e-mail? The files are in Containers (mostly PDFs). The Containers are in a Portal.

I tried the following:

1. Set $Variable equal to a List of file names

2. Send Mail with Attach File equal to $Variable

I use an ugly calculation for the file names, complete with path. Is there prettier way?

The Ugly Calculation

Substitute ( Substitute ( Get ( FilePath ) ; Get ( FileName ) & ".fmp12" ; "" ) ; "file:" ; "" ) &

"Files/" & Get ( FileName ) & "/" &

Substitute ( GetValue ( Document | Container ; 1 ) ; "remote:" ; "" )

Sample Result 1

/Macintosh HD/Users/leodicroce/Documents/LD Applications/LD PM 2012/Files/LDshopDrawing/BremnerOfficeTower_Chiller_2012_04_12.pdf

And that's just one file. There's another -- much more elegant -- calculation that Lists all the Portal Container files...

Sample Result 2

/Macintosh HD/Users/leodicroce/Documents/LD Applications/LD PM 2012/Files/LDshopDrawing/BremnerOfficeTower_Chiller_2012_04_12.pdf

/Macintosh HD/Users/leodicroce/Documents/LD Applications/LD PM 2012/Files/LDshopDrawing/15685 Centrifugal Chiller.pdf

/Macintosh HD/Users/leodicroce/Documents/LD Applications/LD PM 2012/Files/LDshopDrawing/15685-1 (r.0) - Chiller - Enermodal Shop Drawing Review.docx

The Sample Result 2 ends up in the $Variable (mentioned earlier). The best I've seen from all this is a single attachment. I want all the attachments, in a single e-mail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

=L=

1 2 Previous Next