5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2012 6:25 AM by fmpvince

Dragging Screeeeeeeen

laclark2

Filemaker just started doing this to me this morning. Help! Has anyone seen this and knows what to do to stop it - see attached.

thanks.

• 1. Re: Dragging Screeeeeeeen
          colas

Same problem on several computers since Mac OSX 10.7.4.

Glitches everywhere when I scroll on a layout ... very annoying

• 2. Re: Dragging Screeeeeeeen
            Stephen Huston

I would bet that this is happening while the screen is being viewed at 150% Zoom-level. Have seen it before, but only when Zoomed.

FileMaker has some issues at 150%, especially when trying to figure out positioning for items which were at 133 pixels (any ODD number) or sized to un-Even pixel counts. Trying to figure out what size to make 11pt Verdana at 150% or an object that is 37x143pxls is a challenge for the OS rendering. When scrolling, the effort to constantly refresh preogressively is just too much....

Switching to 100% zoom should clear it.

If you need to view at larger sizes, a layout redesign is really the only way to completely avoid this cropping up.

And it's not limited to 10.7; we've been seeing it appear at times since 10.5 on FM11.

• 3. Re: Dragging Screeeeeeeen
              ErikWegweiser

This looks a little like the strange redraw issues that sometimes occur when scrolling in list view (Mac OS 10.6.8), unmagnified.

• 4. Re: Dragging Screeeeeeeen
                dburnham

I have seen this a LOT.  Way too much for my taste.  Not just in Lion but in previous editions of the Mac OS too.  I was not able to detect what causes it, but from reading this post, I will watch more closely to see if it only happens in list view and only at 150% magnification.  Needless to say, I use them both a lot.

• 5. Re: Dragging Screeeeeeeen
                  fmpvince

Same issue Here, mac latest FMP11v4, Lion 10.7.4

Problem everytime in list view if 75/150 percent

100/200/400% works

both in layout mode or in browse mode !

This is a bug !